Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

enabling spam filtering for the first time

Last post 08-29-2017, 2:50 by jbanks. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-20-2017, 15:36

• luusac is not online. Last active: 08-21-2017, 0:41 luusac
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-29-2008
    • Points 80

enabling spam filtering for the first time

Hi,

I have been asked by relatives to set them up with new emal addresses because they are getting too much spam.  It has got to the point that wading through it takes longer than reading their 'real' mail.  I noticed that the content filtering and Spamhalter have never been enabled in their Pegasus 4.72 and it would be preferable to keep the addresses for obvious reasons .  It is possibly further complicated by the fact that they are using an English language version of Pegasus, but are Dutch speaking - so almost all of their email content (including spam) is in Dutch.  I had a look at the spambust.dat, but it is all in English.  words4.db3 does seem to have some Dutch in it.  The last Dutch language version of Pegasus that I could find is 3.12.  Is there an up-to-date Dutch language version spambust.dat (as I say they get lots of spam, but it doesn't tend to be in English).  What would be the best approach - enable and train Spamhalter, or content control or both?

Is it the current plan that white/black lists and spamhalter 'training' will be importable into the future major release of Pegasus?

thanks 

•  08-29-2017, 2:50

• jbanks is not online. Last active: 09-19-2017, 7:13 jbanks
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Prince Edward Island, Canada
    • Points 1,170

Re: enabling spam filtering for the first time

I would think that both is best.  Content control can be immediately set up to catch the most obvious spam.  spamhalter although very effective will take a bit to train.
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page