Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

Upgrade to v4.52 from v4.51

Last post 04-27-2010, 12:30 by idw. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-27-2010, 18:51

Upgrade to v4.52 from v4.51

I tried to upgrade to v4.52 using the update download as recommended. It installed correctly but fell over when I tried to configure the user profile - I chose single user and the dialogue box disappeared but nothing happened. I have only now managed to get back to where I was a few days ago buy uninstalling and re-installing v4.51.

This process created some problems as the arrangement within the PMAIL folder seemed to have changed since I first installed the program last year. I made a copy of the old PMAIL folder as security before starting the upgrade and when I swapped the new install PMAIL folder for the old saved version the program would not start without asking for a user name. I combined the two folders together and it now works fine. It would seem that the original MAIL folder contained a RMT folder and the date files, the new install contained a pmail.usr file and a folder with the user name I set up during the install which contained the data files.

I am interested in learning more about Pegasus so can anyone explain where I went wrong with the upgrade and why it appears that the fresh install of v4.51 is different to the one I installed last year. 

Many thanks.

Steve

PC running Vista 64-bit

•  04-27-2010, 12:30

• idw is not online. Last active: Sun, Oct 13 2019, 13:37 idw
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-25-2007
    • Germany
    • SuperStar
    • Points 47,250
    • BetaTeam

Re: Upgrade to v4.52 from v4.51

Steve1966:
    I am interested in learning more about Pegasus so can anyone explain where I went wrong with the upgrade and why it appears that the fresh install of v4.51 is different to the one I installed last year.

Two issues to consider:

Michael

--
    PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
    PGP Plugin for Pegasus Mail: <http://www.pmpgp.de/pmpgp/>
    S/MIME Certificate Fingerprint: 26 5c a3 60 02 c6 e3 8a 75 70 d5 6a 67 ff d3 8d b0 b5 5e 5b
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page