Pegasus Mail & Mercury

Welcome to the Community for Pegasus Mail and
The Mercury Mail Transport System, the Internet's longest-serving PC e-mail system!
Welcome to Pegasus Mail & Mercury Sign in | Join | Help
in
Home Blogs Forums Downloads Pegasus Mail Overview Mercury Overview Wiki

FeedBack on Private messages . . .

Last post 12-29-2013, 19:23 by NTxLS. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-13-2013, 0:56

• NTxLS is not online. Last active: Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:39 NTxLS
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-12-2007
    • Texas USofA
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,805

FeedBack on Private messages . . .

Greetings from here to wherever you may be,

Just received a message that there is a private message, so I login and get a notice that the location cannot be found and an Admin may have deleted or moved the message (or words to that effect). Went into my 'Inbox' and lo and behold there is the message. So what my message is about, "The link that was sent with the message is either wrong or the system cannot get the message straight. As the message that was included in the one received by email is the same as the one in my 'Inbox' so you need to check this out." If you need the message location that I was sent, email me as you have my addy and I shall provide same within an email reply. If you find it is just an  undocumented feature then we can just forget about it . . Have a Happy Xmas and a Merry New Year that way you do not need to drink any alcoholic drinks.

TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS "Lone Wanderer"
    Dell Inspiron 1564 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M330 @ 3.xxGHz 4.00G RAM; Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
  •  12-29-2013, 18:38

• jbanks is not online. Last active: 06-08-2019, 6:01 jbanks
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-09-2007
    • Prince Edward Island, Canada
    • Points 1,290

Re: FeedBack on Private messages . . .

this was most likely a virus.  What do you mean you logged in?  where did you login to?  Sometimes these messages take you to a fake site where you give them your username and password.  If that is the case you should probable change your password.
  •  12-29-2013, 19:23

• NTxLS is not online. Last active: Wed, Jun 08 2016, 2:39 NTxLS
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-12-2007
    • Texas USofA
    • Contributor
    • Points 3,805

Re: FeedBack on Private messages . . .

jbanks:
    this was most likely a virus.  What do you mean you logged in?  where did you login to?  Sometimes these messages take you to a fake site where you give them your username and password.  If that is the case you should probable change your password.

"jbanks,"

I do not think so, as this was on your Community Forum site. This one we are using at this time. I am very careful about clicking a link in an email, if it is from a site either I do not deal with or a very strange one it is DELETED. This was a message from such as you had one sent to me, "Pegasus Mail & Mercury - Automated Email" <NoReply@praktit.se> and did just the same as just now. Just thought it rather strange it gave me a 'not found' but when I did go into my messages, there it was and still is there.

Thank you for this message, "jbanks," it is good to know this type of a problem is not just ignored because the message was found. Am very security aware and extremely careful about what I do and how I do thingys on the web. If you check on my entries about myself you will learn much more. Have been on the web since about 1986? before the WWW was ever created using Unix software for surfing and TCP/IP for websites, so am not a newbie.

TIA, CU L8R,
    NTxLS "Lone Wanderer"
    Dell Inspiron 1564 Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M330 @ 3.xxGHz 4.00G RAM; Win 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit
View as RSS news feed in XML

Contact | Advertise | Host provider: PraktIT | Terms of Use | Privacy Statement
Copyright © 2007-2011 David Harris / Peter Strömblad. | Pegasus Mail Home Page